Day 686 -- Curvey Girl Soap

A month or so ago, I was in South Haven on a miserable, rainy Saturday afternoon while they were having their weekly farmer's market.  Under the blessed pavilion was an assortment of wildly colorful fruits and vegetables, the delightful aroma of freshly-baked bread, made-from-scratch chips and salsa, and then in the middle of it all, Curvey Girl Soap.

I am a huge fan of homemade soaps and buy most of my supply for the year from "Saponify" in my yearly sojourn to the East Lansing Art Fair in May.  I think that I love the "Saponify" brand in that the name comes from the chemical reaction used to make soap (nerd alert!), the soap is super softly-luxurious, and the Bay Rum scent is my all-time favorite.

The fresh, lemony scent of my Curvey Girl Soap is becoming a close second, however.  It has waned down to a sliver of the bar it originally was, so I thought I'd better express my thankfulness for it before it is completely gone.  It's a nice change of pace, even from Bay Rum.  I step out of the shower each morning smelling like a Pez dispenser that is packed with lemon candy.  And in my mind, that's pretty awesome.  And also in my mind I am some badass Pez dispenser, like Wonderwoman.  Or Snoopy.

I realize this most seem ridiculous to you and I am fully aware that devoting an entire night's post to a soap seems a bit insane, and maybe that's true.  But, what I do know is that I'll take whatever I can get to get me through the morning when I'm showering at 5 am.  For the last three weeks, it's been my Curvey Girl Soap. 

And the thought of me as Wonderwoman. 

And lemon Pez.

Thank God for Curvey Girl Soap!

Lord, thank you for small things that brighten even parts of the day.  Thank you for bringing new places, experiences, and soaps into my life.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!