Day 688 -- GREASE!

Tonight, I got to see about 50 of my high school students perform Grease on the stage of the Western Community Arts Center.  It was incredible!  The singing, acting, stage design, and live band were superior to what I could have ever imagined.  I felt so happy and proud for these young kids who worked so hard, pouring so much of themselves into this production.  They did a fantastic job. The super cool part that I kept thinking about is that this is something they will remember fondly about high school for the rest of their lives.  And I was there!

I am thankful that I have a job that is so multi-dimensional.  Not only do I get to know my students in the classroom, but I get to be a part of their lives in other ways too, like students council, coaching, and attending events like this.  It's cool. 

It's late and I could say more, but I think I'll err on the side of conciseness tonight.  I know that doesn't happen very often (unless Colby is posting for me), but "Summer Lovin'" is stuck in my head and I want to go sing it into my toothbrush while dancing in front of the mirror. 

There's  a visual for you.  You're welcome.

Thank God for Grease!

Lord, thank you for the chance to see something my students were a part of tonight.  Thank you for giving them opportunities like this outside of the classroom to work hard and to contribute to something they can look back and be proud of.  Thank you for giving me the opportunity to see it.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!