Day 692 -- Lots of Swimming

Tonight, my kids got to do a lot of swimming.

Breslin and Dharia are currently a part of the "Albion Aquacats" program, which means they now swim from 5:30 to 6:30 on Mondays and Wednesdays, and will continue through the end of February.

Note: AJ would love to be an Aquacat as well, but they have a rule that children must be potty-trained before they can join.  It's seems twisted to me that AJ seems to understand this and wants, more than anything, to be able to use the toilet now.  Whatever.

Anyhoo, AJ still got to go swimming tonight, because my dad swung by about a half an hour ago and offered to take her to open swim at the college with him.  I guess the college is okay with swim diapers.  Regardless, AJ was thrilled to be able to go swimming with her grandpa.  I think she had been feeling left out and this made her feel pretty special.

I'm so glad that my kids have the opportunity to do something so healthy and fun tonight and that they will continue to be able to throughout the winter.  I know that swimming has been something I have enjoyed from the time I was very small.  Even now at 30 years old, I get excited to go for a swim and I appreciate the quiet, peaceful intensity of a swim workout.

I am grateful that my kids got to do a lot of swimming tonight and for all the swimming coming up in our futures.

Thank God for lots of swimming!

Lord, thank you for the chance we have to go swimming, even when it's dark and cold and there isn't much else to do.  Thank you for the opportunity it gives my kids to do something healthy and fun.  In your name, Amen.

Comments

Colby Sharp said…
Love your writing, honey.

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!