Day 694 -- Thankful in Bullets

I'm so thankful

  • that it's Friday
  • that I didn't suck too bad as a teacher today
  • that I have a couple of friends at school who I really love being around and talking to
  • that I got to pick up Breslin off of the bus at the high school
  • because AJ ran to me like she hadn't seen me in a month when I arrived at daycare
  • because I got to eat white chili at my dad's house, which is 7 blocks away
  • that I got to see my kids experience their first ever Christmas parade
  • that when Dharia ran into the street because she was so excited to see the lights for the parade the person in the oncoming vehicle stopped
  • that I didn't have a heart attack
  • that every time AJ saw a snowman in the parade she acted like a 13 year-old at a Justin Bieber concert
  • that my three kids shared two hot chocolates surprisingly well
  • that I got to hang out with my dad tonight
  • that my dad offered to carry Breslin on his shoulders back to the car
  • that I was able to find my phone that fell out of my pocket onto the sidewalk as we were walking back to the van from the parade (in the dark...after I realized it was missing 30 minutes later)
  • because my dad graciously offered to watch the kids while I went for a swim
  • that my kids wanted me to read them Pete the Cat while snuggling up with me in bed
  • that there are still White Cheddar Cheez-Its left in the pantry
  • that even when I think about everything I still need to do for school, I remember that I only have to go 2 days next week
  • that I'm in pants with an elastic waistband
  • because I am so freaking blessed that even on a crazy day, I can come up with 20 bullet points worth of things I'm thankful for.
Thank God for thankful in bullets!

Lord, thank you for today and for all of the blessings, big and small, that came with it. Thank you for pouring your love out on me. I am so grateful for all the things you gave me today. In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!