Day 695 -- All to Myself

I had my kids ALL TO MYSELF today. 

We woke up, watched cartoons, and ate breakfast in our jammies.  Breslin did a crossword.  Dharia and AJ played with Play-Doh.  I sipped on coffee and marveled at how cool my kids are.




Then we went to Kids 'N Stuff.  I love taking my kids there.  It's a fantastic place and if you've never been, you should really go.  Seriously.  But only if you have kids.  Otherwise, you shouldn't go because that'd be weird.

 Since it was a lovely, sunny morning, the olders rode their bikes and I pushed AJ in the pink car.  We spent a couple of fantastic hours playing. Breslin built all kinds of things.  AJ and I sat in a comfy chair and read book after book.  Dharia colored pictures and dressed up in costume. 





And then there was the air wall:



When we got home, we ate sloppy joes and veggies and then we all laid down for a nap.

When we got up, we loaded up the van and went to see Wreck-It Ralph at the Bogar Theatre in Marshall.  We ate popcorn and candy for dinner and sang songs all the way home.

I am so thankful that I go to soak up my kids today.  I have to admit, that I was worried about being all alone with them for the weekend, but it gave me a chance to really be with them and to connect with their little hearts.  It's been incredible and today was one of the best days I can remember having in a long time.

Thank God for having the kids all to myself today!

Lord, thank you for giving us such a great day together.  Thank you for my three wonderful kids who light up my life.  Thank you for helping me to connect with them today through all of the fun things we did.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Jim said…
That air wall is cool! I haven't seen that!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!