Day 698 -- All Clear

AJ had a nasty fall at daycare today. I got a call at 4:30 this afternoon saying that she had taken a tumble and was favoring her right wrist, which was swollen.

My youngest child is extremely accident prone, and if I had to put money in which one if my children would be the first to break a bone, I'd put it all on AJ without hesitation.

So I wasn't really worried until she cried the entire ride from daycare to swimming...that is until she passed out. When I went to get her out of her carseat she screamed in pain. When I looked at her wrist it seemed even more swollen and red than before.  She's normally pretty tough, due to her frequent run-ins with falls, bumps, trips, and complete wipe-outs.  But this was definitely not normal.

I decided to have her looked at.  I called my dad, who was willing to watch the rest of Breslin and Dharia's swim practice and rushed off to the Oaklawn ER.  AJ patiently snuggled with me and endured her X-rays like a champ.  By the time the doctor came in to tell us that her arm looked fine, she had perked up a bit and I found myself grateful just to be able to spend some one on one time with my girl.

The X-rays were negative, AJ was smiling, and we were out of there.  I'm so thankful tonight that my girl is all clear.  The rest of the break she can enjoy playing and hanging out with her family pain (and cast) free.

Thank God she's all clear!

Lord, thank you for protecting AJ.  Thank you for giving us the ability to get injuries looked at and taken care of.  Thank you that AJ is feeling better and that nothing was seriously wrong.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!