Day 699 -- Christmas Lights

Today I cleaned my house from top to bottom like a mad woman.  It feels so unbelievably good to be sitting in a house that smells nice and that I know is deep clean.  In my frenzy, I was able to clean the front porch pretty well too, which got me to thinking that now might be as good a time as any to hang up our Christmas lights.

Christmas lights have been a pretty sporadic event for us in the past.  Some years we put them up, some years we don't.  Some years we want to put them up, but all of our lights are dysfunctional.  Some years we put them up and they stay up until the end of February.  You get the idea.  

This year, Colby and I bought brand new white lights on white cords that don't look janky on our white columns.  I hung them up and down our clean front porch.  When the kids saw them tonight, they went all kinds of crazy and I'll admit that they look beautiful and add a decided festivity to the house.

And you know what?  If they stay up until February, I wouldn't be surprised.  But I also don't think that would be so terrible. 

Thank God for Christmas Lights!

God, thank you for helping me be so productive around the house today and for giving me the time to do things that I'm not normally able to do.  Thank you for the beautiful Christmas lights I was able to hang up today and for the excitement of the upcoming season.  In your name, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!