Day 737 -- Family Ski Trip

Tonight we embarked upon our first family ski/snowboard outing to Timber Ridge. My dad, Colby, and I packed up our own gear and plenty of warm stuff for the kids and headed out towards beautiful Gobles, Michigan, for an evening we weren't entirely certain would be a success.

Upon our arrival at the resort, we commenced to rent some tiny skis and booked a lesson for the wee ones. My dad supervised as Colby and I got in a few runs on our own, sans children.


Tiny little skis for tiny little people!
I love snowboarding, and was totally thrilled to be going, although I was unsure how much I was going to be able to do with the three kids. I was also unsure to what extent I would embarrass myself, as I can count the number of times I have gone out in the past four years on one hand. After my first cautious run, I was surprised to find that it came right back and before long I was sailing down the slopes with joy.

Colby and I came over to visit the lesson towards the end to see how our kids were progressing. It was decidedly mediocre. Although Dharia and Bres were improving dramatically, they were both starving. AJ was in a perpetual state if whining, going limp and laying in the snow. We decided to give the instructor a break, and took a break in the lodge for a snack.

After 20 minutes or so, the girls had completely recharged and were ready to go out again. Breslin reluctantly followed. I am so thankful that we didn't call it a night after the snack. We had such a great time on this second try. Dharia was a maniac, doing a fantastic job, even trying her hardest to make it up the tow rope on the bunny hill with a look on her face of pure focus and determination. She was so close but never quite made it. Next time. Breslin and AJ loved going down the bunny hill. I loved hearing AJ giggle and squeal as she flew down with me sprinting after her.

There was more smiling and less crying than I ever could have hoped for on such a trip. I am so thankful for the experience we had and for the memories that were made tonight.

Thank God for our first family ski trip!

Lord, thank you for all of the fun we had together tonight.  Thank you for a good first experience and for all of the memories that were made on our trip.  In your name I pray, Amen.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!