Day 710 -- Judges Cup

Every year, on the first Saturday in December, I attend the MHSGJCA Judges Cup, ushering in the beginning of the gymnastics season. It is a happy time to reunite with judging colleagues I haven't seen much since last season and to talk with women I respect about officiating the sport we all love. Today was no exception, but what was different this time around was that for the first time ever I felt like more of an old pro than a timid beginner. I had the opportunity to help new judges get their bearings. I got to share my insights and strategies. It was a good feeling.

It would have to be if I was going to spend my Saturday in tights and high heels. :)

I am so thankful for today and for the opportunity it gave me to improve my skills. I am grateful for the women who organized it and for the passion they show for the sport.

Thank God for the Judges Cup!

God thank you for a good day and for the chance to hang out with people I admire doing something I love. In your name Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!