Day 711 -- Skating

This weekend Breslin embarked upon his first ever ice skating adventures with my dad.  Neither Colby, nor my dad or myself quite knew what to expect when Breslin hit the ice for the first time, but my dad really wanted to try.  Off they went to the Optimist Ice Arena in Jackson, where my dad took my brother to his first skating experience many moons ago.  They put on their skates and immediately hit the...concession stand.  Breslin loved eating popcorn and my dad sneakily used it as a way to get Breslin used to the feeling of the skates.  Then, they skated.  My dad says that it only took one super slow lap around before Bres was ready to try it again on his own.  Here he is in his skating debut:



My dad ended up taking him out both yesterday AND today.  Today they once again supported the concessions stand and did about a kagillion laps. My dad seems to think that he'll be able to go without the little PVC pusher in a couple more sessions.

I have harbored a semi-secret hope since he was born that he might want to play hockey someday.  I didn't want to be pushy, but I'm thrilled that he enjoys skating and that it's a possibility someday.  But more importantly, I am so thankful that my dad and Breslin had this fun time together and for this "first" they were able to share.

Thank God for skating!

Lord, thank you for this cool thing my dad and Bres were able to do together.  Please give Breslin lots more opportunities to skate and hang out with my dad.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

april. said…
Ok. This made my day!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!