Day 721--Afternoon Run

Despite having an early gymnastics meet this evening, I was able to get a run in after school. The work and stress had been piling up on me all day. It would have been easy to just sit at my desk and work on the what seemed like countless tasks on my to do list, but I was tired and unfocused. It's times like this where I really struggle to do anything of a quality nature.

So , instead of spinning my wheels in fatigue and frustration, I donned my cold weather gear and headed oh the door for a wonderfully intense run. My legs and lungs ached, and in the sunny, cold afternoon air, I could literally feel the stress seeping out of me. Or maybe that was sweat. Either way.

Regardless, I felt like a completely new woman. I felt confident and accomplished, ready to take on whatever I needed to do or whatever was coming my way. I am continually amazed at the mental and emotional benefits I receive from working out. I am so thankful for the way it turned my day around today and grateful that it was even possible with my schedule.

Thank God for an afternoon run!

Lord thank you for a good run today and for the way it made me feel. Thank you for allowing me the time to workout and for the impact it had on the rest of my day. In your name, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!