Day 728 -- The Christmas Concert

For the past couple of Christmases, Heaven's Little Helpers has had a Christmas concert where the preschoolers, toddlers, and babies sing songs, ring bells, and in general are terribly cute.  They dress up, the adults take a ridiculous number of pictures, and the whole time I think to myself, "My word we do not pay these people enough!"

Dharia sang loud and smiled wide, performing her choreography to "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reinderr" and "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" with relish.

AJ sat down on her riser, but tapped her feet and sang along to every song.  When it was time for "Jingle Bells" she so enthusiastically rang her bell that it went zinging across the stage.  She didn't even hesitate to run after it.  To her, "Jingle Bells" isn't worth being on stage for if you don't have your bell to ring.

I love watching the faces of my little ones as they sing and dance.  The night is full of memories, that goes without saying.  But, tonight I am so thankful for the women at Heaven's Little Helpers who make this concert happen.  I am grateful for the kind hearts who spend countless hours teaching these little ones these songs, showing them the dances, and loving on them in my absence.  God has truly blessed our family with these women.  I can't imagine how different our lives would be without them.  I am thankful for the gift that they gave us through the concert tonight, but I am even more thankful for the love and joy they bring to my kids day in and day out, Christmas or no, and for the valuable lessons they teach about selflessness and generosity of spirit.

Thank God for the Christmas Concert!

Lord, thank you for a special night filled with memories.  Thank you for the ladies who made it happen.  Thank you for blessing us with such wonderful people who have a huge impact on the lives of my children.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!