Day 733 -- Christmas Jukeboxes

My kids know almost every word to almost every Christmas song.  Seriously.  And I don't mean that they just know the chorus, like they sing along to "Jingle Bells".  I mean they know the song in and out, top to bottom, obscure verses and all.  Did you know there are 8 verses to "Frosty the Snowman"?  Well, Breslin does, and will not hesitate to correct you if you happen to falter on a lyric.

One of my favorite things lately is that if you start singing a Christmas tune, they will chime in at the top of their lungs.  I love it.  Every car ride for the past month has been full of singing and joy with the radio semi-permanently tuned to 106.9 home.fm, which plays Christmas music 24 hours a day.  I will miss it. 

Colby and I call them our "Christmas Jukeboxes" because we can hear whatever Christmas tune we'd like if we sing the first line out.  Then, we just sit back and listen to our little performers take over. 

I feel blessed that my little ones share the joy and can appreciate the magic of the music of this season.

Thank God for my little Christmas Jukeboxes!

Lord, thank you for all of the beautiful music that brings joy to our life during this season.  Thank you for giving my kids the ability to appreciate and enjoy this gift.  Thank you for the joy they have brought to us through their enthusiastic singing.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!