Day 734 -- Sledding

After the many Christmas festivities today, my kids got to go sledding down the big hill at Victory Park. 

I'd like to think I am somewhat responsible, as Colby took them sledding as a means to get out of the house while I slept this afternoon.

But, seriously, I am so glad that they got to go, and not just because I got to sleep, but because they had an amazing time.  And even though I'm fairly confident that I'd also like to take a nap tomorrow, I am determined not to miss the next sledding adventure.

My dad and Colby took the three munchkins to the top of the very large hill at Victory Park.  To their amazement, Breslin and Dharia shared a sled and went down the hill all by themselves.  Perhaps more surprisingly, they walked back up the hill by themselves without a single complaint.  Colby reported that the two only crashed once, despite Breslin's best efforts to steer.  His dad pride shone through as he told of 9 year-olds fearful to go down the hill along looking abashed as Breslin and Dharia streaked by giggling and shrieking as they rode down.

AJ also loved sledding, calling it "sleigh riding".  Being the spoiled rotten youngest child that she is, Colby or my dad let her ride back up the hill in the sled.  She came home rosy cheeked and soaking wet, but with a huge smile on her face.

I feel blessed that my kids got to spend some time having fun outdoors being active today.

Thank God for sledding!

Lord, thank you for the opportunity my kids had to get outside and do something fun today.  Thank you for the snow.  Thank you for this day, for the chance to remember the greatest gift you gave us and for the time it gives us to be with our family.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!