Day 741 -- Second Chances

Tonight, I'm thankful that God doesn't ever, ever give up on us.  I'm thankful that no matter where we are at in life, it's never too late to go back and do it right. 

Given the New Year and all, I've done a lot of  reflecting on the way that I am living my life and given a lot of consideration to things I think God wants me to work on . I won't bore you with them here.  But I will tell you that I'm so glad that I get the chance to learn and grow in these areas and for His promise that He will give me the strength to do it.

Because, honestly, I'm just a mess sometimes.  I feel like what I actually get right is ludicrously small in comparison to what I do wrong.  But, I'm so grateful that none of that can separate me from His grace.

Grace is good. 

God is good.

And I'll probably never get it completely right.  But I'm a work in progress, so that's okay.  God loves me for who I am, even knowing full well that I enjoyed wearing bib overalls in high school. 

I know what I need to get cracking on, and I know it won't be easy.  I'm embarassed of my own selfishness, laziness, and ineffectiveness in these areas.  I also know that it's never too late to change that.  And for that I am incredibly thankful.

Thank God for second chances!

Lord, thank you for forgiving me for all of the things I do wrong.  Thank you for identifying areas in which I need your strength and guidance and for helping me to grow.  In your name I pray, Amen.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!