Day 743 -- Surfari Joe's

For a family treat and Breslin's birthday, we went to Surfari Joe's Hotel and Waterpark in Watervliet, Michigan. We had a blast splashing and swimming in the water park for hours last night and this morning. All three kids even went down the big yellow waterslide...over and over and over, climbing all 55 steps to the top with a large tube each time. Trust me, I know because Breslin counted--naturally. We watched a movie in our room together and ate junk food. Breslin opened his presents and built his new Lego helicopter.

My favorite parts of the whole trip involved watching my kids interact with each other. They played "Duck, Duck, Goose" and "Baby Jesus" in the water park, which was essentially a complicated nativity re-enactment. They shot water guns at each other, and climbed a net while singing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" together. In the room, they piled up together to watch the movie and snuggle-shared one big bed for the rest of the night after they passed out.

I am so thankful to my Grandpa and Grandma Stuart, who partly financed our stay for our Christmas gift. Because of them, we got to down this time together and make these memories as a family. I feel so grateful and blessed that we had this opportunity.

Thank God for Surfari Joe's!

God, thank you for a wonderful family trip. Thank you for the time we spent together laughing and loving. Thank you for the generosity of my grandparents, who made it possible. In your name I pray, Amen.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!