Day 745 -- A Happy Engagement

Every time Christmas comes around, I get a bit nostalgic because my husband proposed to me on Christmas Day 10 years ago.  He whispered, "Will you marry me?" in a choked, nervous voice.  I cried and screamed "YES!" hysterically in a half laugh-shout.
 
I think about all of the excitement and promise that time held for us.  We looked out on our future, hand in hand, and saw that it all but sparkled with possibility, dreams, and romance.  We could do anything.  We were unstoppable.  It was an amazing time, one that I look back on fondly.

Tonight I am so thankful that two very special people get the opportunity to experience the same thing.  Colby's younger brother Casen proposed to his long-time girlfriend and kindred spirit, Jeanette, a couple of days ago, and we had the chance to meet and congratulate them today. Granted, it was at a birthday party for Breslin with 10 other kindergartners and their parents, so it wasn't exactly a formal, intimate atmosphere; but it was great to be able to give them each a hug, listen to their stories, hear their plans, and bask in the glow of their excitement.

I feel blessed tonight that Casen has found himself such a wonderful person to spend the rest of his life with and grateful that the two of them get to experience the unique, achingly beautiful time that exists between engagement and marriage together. 

Thank God for a happy engagement!

Lord, thank you for my brother-in-law and for bringing Jeanette into his life.  Thank you that the two of them are committed to spending the rest of their lives together.  Please bless this time in their lives and use it to create many happy memories.  Thank you for their joy.  In your name I pray, Amen.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!