Day 746 -- Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup

I was brought up well.

And by that, I mean that I was taught to appreciate a good grilled cheese sandwich dunked in some piping hot Campbell's tomato soup.

In fact, I vividly remember my mom serving grilled cheese and tomato soup on a special plate/bowl combination made especially for this purpose.



 I would love to have serving ware of my own like this someday...perhaps after Colby and I complete baby step two on our path to financial peace.  They run $30 a piece on uncommongoods.com.  Yeesh.

Anyway, since I was young, I have thoroughly appreciated a good grilled cheese sandwich paired with some tomato soup.  For some reason, when I am sick, which I was today (insert ironic comment about getting horrifically sick on the last two days of Christmas break here), it tastes even better. 

So, today I am thankful that my husband makes a mean grilled cheese sandwich and that I was able to delight in a hearty meal despite feeling miserable. 

Also, I was grateful for the opportunity to laugh...since when I stepped away from my place for literally less than a minute to help Breslin with his Legos, I walked back to see that my daughters had totally hijacked my tomato soup.  Good thing I was pretty much full already.  Little parasites.

Thank God for grilled cheese and tomato soup!

Lord, thank you for something that made me feel good even though I was feeling bad today.  Thank you for my daughters who always make me laugh.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!