Day 754 -- PJ Day

Today marks the beginning of Spirit Week at Western High School.  Since Friday is Snowfest, we will spend each day of this week participating in silly dress-up days.  Popular days in the past have been "Bad Hair Day", "Class Color Day", "Decades Day" and one of my absolute favorites, "Pajama Day".  I can't even describe to you the genius of my student council in planning Pajama Day on a Monday.  My Monday morning was infinitely better because I got to spend the day teaching in a pair of pajamas.  Even my slippery drive to school was made better because I calmly and cozily drank my hot coffee while lounging in my pajamas in the driver's seat.  My prep hour was magical. 

I am thankful that I got to spend the entire day in jammies today, even if I still had to work. In fact, I think I might be a much better, happier teacher if I could wear pajamas to school every day, but I digress.  I am grateful for a job that allows us to have a bit of fun and where every day is different.  Each one presents its own unique joys and challenges, but that keeps things interesting. 

Thank God for PJ Day!

Lord, thank you for my job.  Thank you for the opportunity to have a little fun at school and to be comfortable all day.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!