Day 756 -- Productivity

This afternoon, I made a decision to stay at school in between the end of the day and the time I needed to leave for my gymnastics meet at Jackson Northwest.  The reason I chose to stay an extra 3 hours beyond my contract time? I desperately needed to get some things done.  For the past week or so, I have been feeling an overwhelming sense of being buried with things that need to be taken care of.  I have also felt helpless to do anything about it because, try as I might, I couldn't carve out enough uninterrupted time throughout the day to get down to business.  This was my opportunity.

Three solid hours I worked in my room.  I turned on some music, locked my doors, and slowly but surely began crossing things off of my to-do list.  I won't lie.  I was working my hind end off.  But when I walked out the door, I felt much better; as though I could finally unclench my jaw, push my shoulders back, and take a deep breath again.

I am thankful for this time, and for my husband, who offered to pick up the kids today so that I could have it.  I feel much more prepared to take on the rest of the week and now, instead of sitting on the couch grading papers, working on lesson plans, or writing assessments at the end of a very long day, I can talk with my husband, eat a snack and watch TV. 

Thank God for productivity!

Lord, thank you for giving me the strength and opportunity to be productive today.  Thank you for the relief that it brought and for the chance it gives me breath a little easier now.  Please help me through the rest of the week.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!