Day 763 -- Unexpected Time

I thought I had to judge a meet in Sturgis tonight.  I was expecting to leave school shortly after it got out and be back at home around 10 pm.

Guess what?

I was wrong.  It happens.

I didn't have to judge tonight.  The meet had been called off earlier, I just forgot, in the craziness that is my email inbox, to make that change in my calendar.

All of a sudden, I had the whole night in front of me.

Instead of wearing nylons all day, I got to do things I was never expecting to be able to do today, like write the final exam I'm supposed to give tomorrow morning (whoops).  Instead of being in a car for a long, dark drive, I got to go for a long, cold run.  I got to meet my family for dinner at the Full Moon diner instead of eating whatever I had leftover from my lunch.  I got to take a bath, put my kids to bed, and read a book.

The gift of unexpected time was such a huge blessing, one that I am especially grateful for tonight.  It's amazing how different the week looks now that I had this evening at home with my family. It seems much more doable, somehow, like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.  I'm not sure if that's really logical or not, but I'm still thankful for the revitalizing power it's had on me.

Thank God for unexpected time!

Lord, thank you for the time you gave to me today.  Thank you for the way that it has made me feel more capable of finishing the week out strong.  Thank you for looking our for me and giving me the chance to be with my family tonight.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!