Day 770 -- Quick and Painless

I had to judge a meet at Jackson High tonight.  I was sort of expecting it to be awful.  Great attitude, huh?  Yeah, sorry about that.  It was just that I was judging with a new judge, which typically means I have to do a lot more work explaining, verifying, and training.  It's requires a significantly greater amount of brain energy than judging with another experienced judge.  It also makes the meet take much longer, meaning a late night getting home.  Additionally, Jackson High is typically a very low level team, which means that their routines are difficult to judge, not to mention a little painful sometimes.

To my pleasant surprise, the new judge did an absolutely incredible job.  I did much less tutoring than what I expected and the meet progressed nicely, wrapping up at a very reasonable time.

Similarly, the Jackson High team showed some impressive improvements over years previous.  Many of the girls took on a greater level of difficulty in their routines and performed them with better execution and amplitude than I have seen from them in the past.  This made the judging of the actual routines much more enjoyable overall. 

It's nice to be happily surprised.  I am thankful tonight that something I was expecting to be long and excruciating turned out to be relatively quick and painless. 

Thank God for quick and painless!

Lord, thank you for a welcome, unexpectedly smooth meet tonight.  Thank you for those who helped make it possible.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!