Day 771 -- Chilly Jazz Dinner

Unexpectedly, my meet in Coldwater was cancelled tonight.  So, instead of an afternoon and evening full of running around, I had plenty of free time to fill. I called my dad to let him know that he didn't need to watch the girls tonight, and he suggested attending Western's "Chilly Jazz" dinner to support the Western Bands.  I have tons of kids in the jazz band, so we packed up the girls and headed out.  In addition to some tasty chili, bread, and brownies, we had the opportunity to listen to some great jazz.  It was fun and wonderful to see my students in this capacity, and I had the feeling that they were happy to see me there too. 

I was thankful for the time and ability to support my students and to have fun with my family.

Thank God for the Chilly Jazz Dinner!

Lord, thank you for fun events that allow me to see my students shine in areas outside of the classroom.  Thank you for a job that is meaningful.  Thank you for a free evening do spend some quality time with my family.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!