Day 774 -- Picasa Screen Saver

While I was riding my bike today on the trainer, I was watching an episode of The Biggest Loser, but the wireless Internet in our house was having a little trouble streaming the video.  That meant that, obnoxiously, ever five minutes or so, the video would pause and reload.  With roughly 15 minutes to go, it quit altogether and refused to get started again. 

I sighed heavily as I realized I had my last 15 minutes to pedal hard with nothing to distract me.

Then, our Picasa screen saver started up.  I guess I don't notice our screen saver very much, and I definitely don't update it very often, because the pictures were not recent.  In fact the "newest" pictures that went by were of AJ's first birthday party.  I looked on in wonder as pictures I had forgotten existed went by one by one: the building of the kids' playset, camping in South Haven, our trip to Tennessee.  I puzzled over deciding which girl I was looking at sometimes ("Is that Dharia or AJ?"), laughed out loud seeing Dharia as an 18 month-old on Christmas morning, and teared up seeing my sweet little Breslin as a curly-haired two year-old.  

The last 15 minutes flew by.  I was so thankful to relive some precious memories today.

Thank God for my Picasa screen saver!

Lord, thank you for providing a distraction for me today on my bike trainer that was better than I could have ever imagined.  Thank you for the photos that allowed me to experience some sweet memories of my kids.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!