Day 775 -- Jammies

I have worn a lot of outfits today.

I got dressed up to go to school.  I wore dress pants and a blouse.

I came home with the girls midday because AJ was sick.  I wore sweatpants and a t-shirt.

I rode my bike on the trainer.  I wore a sports bra and a shorts.

I judged a gymnastics meet.  I wore a skirt, sweater, and heels.

I came home and put on my favorite outfit of all -- my pajamas.

Around here, pajamas are special.  The girls and I always wear them to bed.  There's something comforting about putting them on in preparation for a good night's sleep. AJ and Dharia like to choose their pajamas and can almost sense that's something's not right if they don't get a chance to put them on before they fall asleep.

At the end of the day, I am thankful to put on my comfortable jammies too and crawl into my bed.  Today has been an especially long one, and I am grateful that I have my pajamas on and I will soon be sawing logs.

Thank God for my jammies!

Lord, thank you for getting me through this long day.  Please help me to get some sleep and wake up refreshed and ready to face tomorrow.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!