Day 778 -- The Lord's RV

There is this song that I learned when I was a kid in Sunday School:

It's callled "I'm In the Lord's Army", and I sang it over and over again when I was just a sprout at Ganson Street Baptist Church.  It's the type of song with lots of choreographed movements to accompany the lyrics and extraneous shouting. 

Okay, you know what? You just have to hear the song and experience this for yourself if you don't know what I'm talking about.  Here, watch this:
Okay, so Dharia was singing this song today.  At least, I was pretty sure she was.  She changed the lyrics a bit.

And that is what I am thankful for.

My daughter sang, at the top of her lungs, with all of her heart:

"I May Never March in the Infantry,
Ride in the Calvary,
Shoot the Artillery,
I May Never Fly O'er the Enemy, but...

I'm in the Lord's RV!"

It brought me so much joy to hear her rendition.  I laughed until I cried, which I am always incredibly grateful for.

And I'm pretty sure the Lord's RV would totally rock.

Thank God for the Lord's RV!

God, thank you for my daughter, who makes me smile and who does everything with all of her heart.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!