Day 779 -- W for the Girls

Our girls' varsity basketball season has had a rough season.

I guess that's putting it sort of mildly. 

Before tonight, they have had a running clock in each game for the past two weeks. 

In a tournament, they scored less than ten points. Total.

I happen to have many of the girls who play for the team in class.  As a whole, they are hard-working girls, with great attitudes.  But, needless to say, they have been feeling discouraged and defeated as of late.  My heart breaks for these beautiful, interesting, funny, determined girls who just can't seem to catch a break.

Until tonight, that is.

Leslie came out strong, but Western held tough.  The game was close the entire way through, but in the end, the girls emerged victorious.  No running clock, no defeated looks, no tears.  Just a win.

I have been following the girls all season, trying to make it to their games, get the student section going, and encouraging the members of the team I have in class.  I was so proud of them tonight and so thankful to be a part of this incredible moment.

Thank God for a W for the girls!

Lord, thank you for helping our girls play well tonight and get a win.  Please help this to encourage them as they finish out their season.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Unknown said…
Love it! I totally blogged about the female seniors tonight. Thanks for supporting them! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!