Day 781 -- Winter Walk

We were at the library today with the kids after church, checking out some books. 

And by some, I mean so many that the library asked if we brought our truck so that we could bring them home. 

And by some, I mean that I was worried how we would all fit in the car with said books to get home. 

So, instead of squeezing into our tiny Saturn with three kids and tons of library books, I asked Dharia if she'd like to walk home with me.  It was no surprise to me whatsoever that my spontaneous, free spirited daughter agreed without hesitation.  It was realtively warm out and the library is less than a half mile away from our house, so we held hands and took off down the sidewalks of Albion. 

Walking home with my Dharia was delightful.  We chatted and caught up after not seeing each other very much during the week.  We discussed the beauty of the snow.  We sang songs and laughed.  Before I knew it, we were home, and I found myself wishing that the walk home was a little longer. 

I am so thankful that I had this opportunity to get some fresh air, enjoy the beauty of a winter's day, and spend some quality time with my daughter.  It certainly made me feel more connected to my Dharia, who I have missed greatly over this past, busy week.

Thank God for our winter walk!

Lord, thank you for a lovely, unexpected time with my daughter today.  Thank you for the beautiful day you gave me with my family.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

Day 460 -- 9720 King Rd.