Day 784 -- Sunny Day Run

I was having one of those days where things that normally don't get to me were getting to me.  My patience was wearing thin with students.  By the end of the school day, despite my best efforts to be positive, my nerves had been grated to the point where I was struggling to maintain a cool demeanor. 

I needed to run.

My time, like my fuse, was short.  I had to be at a gymnastics meet that evening, and I still had to pick up the kids and change my clothes.  But if I hurried, I'd still be able to get in a good workout before all that. 

I threw on my running shoes and out I went.

And it was glorious.

As I breathed in the cold air and let the sun shine on my shoulders, I felt the stress melt away with each step.  My edges became rounded once again.  The pettiness of the day's annoyances made way for the big picture.

After kicking my own butt for an hour, it was amazing how much better I felt. I am so thankful that I had this release, this opportunity to get my head and my heart right.

Thank God for a sunny day run!

Lord, thank you for giving me time today to run out my stress and frustration and to gain some perspective. Thank you for the way it positively impacted the rest of me day. In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!