Day 788 -- Long Lost Buff

One of the things that is an absolute necessity for me as I train for any triathlon is a good headband. When biking or swimming, it keeps the hair out of my face and the copious amount of dripping sweat out of my eyes. When swimming, a good headband goes a long way in making your hair look presentable when you get out of the pool.

It turns out that a great headband (or head Bandaid as AJ lines to call it) isn't as easy to come by as you might think. Some are too thick, some too stretchy, some become too sweat-logged, and some slide up and off my head. A couple of years or so ago, while in the throes of my first half Ironman training, I was given a Buff. It's a convertible headband made out of a moisture wicking material. It so can be bent and folded into whatever thickness suits your need or fancy.

In other words, it's the perfect headband.

After many, many wears, it went missing. I was devastated. I looked high and low, but my wonderful Buff was gone. I was once again relegated to sub par headbands.

Until this afternoon, when I noticed a lump in my fitted sheet as I crawled into my bed for a Sunday afternoon nap. When I reached underneath to pull out this mysterious impediment to my sleep, I was delighted to find that I was my missing Buff!

It's always a good feeling to find something you were sure was lost. Honestly, it doesn't seem to happen around here too often. Our house has more of a black hole quality to it, I suppose.

Regardless, I feel so thankful to have found my Buff and excited to out it to good use over the next several months as I train hard.

Thank God for my Buff!

Lord, thank you for small blessings that bring me joy and that make life easier. Thank you for being The Lord of all blessings big and small. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

Day 460 -- 9720 King Rd.