Day 790 -- A Pat on the Back

Even though I had been home with kids all weekend long, I found myself struggling today mentally and emotionally.  I did not want to be at school.  I had a poor attitude that I fought all day long. I tried my best to stay positive and do what I could for my students, but it wasn't easy. It was a war, and by the time I got home, I was exhausted from a fighting a battle I was definitely losing. 

And I missed my kids.  I had been thoroughly spoiled by those days of snuggling and playing and laughing.  The absence of this time was keenly felt by the time I finally walked in the door tonight.

AJ, more than the other 2, seems to be more sensitive to me being with her or gone, and before she went to bed tonight, I scooped her up and started singing to her in the kitchen.  She had her arms clasped around me in a bear hug, and her legs around my waist.  As I sang to her, I stroked her hair, breathed in her scent, and embraced the feel of her sweetness in my arms.  For some reason, after everything that had happened today, my emotions brimmed right up to the surface, and I found myself fighting back tears.  I choked up a bit, and it was at that moment that my precious girl starting running her hand up and down my back, soothing me like I have done for her so many times.  I was so touched by her thoughtful sensitivity and thankful for my tenderhearted girl, who suddenly turned a bad day completely around.

Thank God for a pat on the back!

Lord, thank you for my sweet girl and for the way you used her to put things in perspective today.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!