Day 795 -- Ballroom Dancing

Shortly before bed, Dharia came downstairs, resplendent in her princess gown.  She led Breslin into the middle of the living room, where they bowed to each other, then commenced to go through a series of ballroom dance-like maneuvers together.  Colby and I watched open-mouthed as they turned and twirled, dipped and sashayed.  They took a final bow and turned to us for our assessment.  I was so flabbergasted that I couldn't do anything but clap and smile. 

I've always wanted to learn how to dance -- in any form really.  I'd love to ballroom dance, but I think I'd be equally happy learning how to salsa dance or swing.  But I have to imagine that what I saw from my kids tonight would rival anything I'd be able to pull off on the dance floor -- and certainly anything Colby could. :)  I was grateful to be able to experience this moment between my two oldest kids tonight.

Thank God for ballroom dancing!

Lord, thank you for the creativity and sweetness I got to see in my kids tonight.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

Day 460 -- 9720 King Rd.