Day 796 -- Boots to School

It's the silliest, most simple thing, but it makes a huge difference in my morning routine.

Instead of wearing my heels to school, I have been wearing my big fuzzy boots.  Then, once I'm in my classroom, I change into my heels.  I know you are probably surprised, because this requires me to think ahead.  Believe me, I am just as surprised as you.

It's so odd, but I am a much happier person when I wear my boots for this extra 45 minutes.  As soon as I realized this a couple of weeks ago, I started wearing them every day for my drive and bringing whatever dress shoes I wanted to wear in a bag to change into once I was inside the high school.  I don't have to worry abouts stepping in puddles or slipping and falling in the parking lot at daycare or at Western anymore because I have some major tread under me. And instead of my feet being wet, cold, and cramped in the van, they are warm and comfortable.  I feel like I am wearing slippers all the way to school while I sip my hot coffee and listen to the radio.

I am thankful for small things like this that make the early mornings more bearable.

Thank God for wearing boots to school!

Lord, thank you for small things that bring improvements to our daily routine.  Thank you for the ability to be warm and comfortable during my morning commute.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

Day 460 -- 9720 King Rd.