Day 799 -- Piano Practice

Tonight I was doing the dishes after dinner, and while I washed and scrubbed, I listened to my son practice his piano. I heard him go through the repetitions of his exercises -- carefully, meticulously. I smiled as I thought about how far he has come in such a brief time. As he finished, I said to him over my shoulder, "Buddy, I love listening to you practice." And do you know what? That kid came in and gave me a squeeze. Tonight I was so thankful to be able to listen to him play --and for that hug. It was a sweet and wonderful moment.

Thank God for piano practice!

Lord, thank you for the opportunity to listen to my son practice tonight and for the hug he gave me. In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!