Day 803 -- Daylight

There is this song by Maroon 5 called "Daylight" that I really dig.  This morning on my way to school, it was stuck in my head.  I was glad, because I love the song and I'm just fine with having it on repeat in my internal stereo system, but I had to chuckle when I figured out why.

After months of driving to school in the dark, this morning, I saw the sun rising as I made my way east towards Parma.  Most mornings feel as cold, as bleak, and as dark as the middle of the night.  In my foggy, sleepy haze, I careen down Erie Road, fighting the blackness.

But not today.  The morning sun has returned to my life.

And it made me happy.  And feel like singing.




 Thank God for daylight!

Lord, thank you for telling the sun to rise each day.  Thank you for telling it to rise a little bit earlier today.  Thank you for good music that is a soundtrack to my life.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!