Day 807 -- Heads Up, Seven Up

Today was the third and final day of ACT/MME testing for the juniors across the state of Michigan.  For the past three days, I have been sitting with the class of 2014 whose last names start in E through H.  I have distributed and collected answer documents, test booklets, number 2 pencils, and Kleenex.

These kids are fried.  After three long days, they had that dazed look about them as they milled around the room after testing.  We were told to hold them in the testing rooms until the beginning of their fourth hour classes.  At first, they just sort of stood and sat around.  Then, someone had the idea to play the classic elementary game, Heads Up, Seven Up.  You had to have played it once in your life, I'm guessing.  You know, it's the one where everyone puts their head down and their thumbs up on their desk.  Then seven people go around the room and push thumbs down.  Then, those who had their thumbs pushed down have to try to guess who did it.

Almost everyone in the room, to my surprise, was game to play.  The couple of students who didn't we were able to persuade to join in.

It was so silly, random, and fun.  We laughed and joked and had a great time.  In those 15 minutes, I had a blast with my students and I think we were all able to let off some steam.  I actually wished that I could stay in that testing room a little big longer.

It was a great way to end our time together.

Tonight, I'm thankful for a chance to have some fun with my students outside of class and for the great group of kids I was able to be with for the last three days during testing.

Thank God for Heads Up, Seven Up!

Lord, thank you for my nice group of students that I was with this week.  Thank you for the fun and silliness we were able to share today.  In your name I pray, Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!