Day 813 -- Reading to the Class

Since March is Reading Month, I decided to take a few minutes out of class today to read to my students.  Reverting to a state reminiscent of elementary school, I sat at the front of the room and turned the pages of Press Here by Herve Tullet (one of my own kids' favorites).



At first, my students seemed more surprised than anything else, but as I walked around the room and asked them to perform the silly tasks, such as tapping dots and clapping, most of them seemed to really get into it, smiling and laughing.

It was a great break from the normal class routine, and I enjoyed connecting with my students in this unexpected way.

Thank God for reading to the class!

Lord, thank you for the chance to do something fun with my students today.  Thank you for a good book and for the chance to share it with my students.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!