Day 816 -- Soup, Salad, Bread Sticks, and Laughs

Colby and I got to go out for a quick bite to eat this evening.  We chose The Olive Garden, only because I happened to have not one, but two gift cards that were burning a hole in my pocket.  We both enjoy the unlimited soup, salad, and bread sticks that The Olive Garden offers.  When our waitress ended up being a touch slow on the refills, our first response was to be a bit annoyed.  We were, after all, very hungry.  But then, as we got to talking between "rounds", we would laugh and talk.  I realized that I was happy our waitress was less than efficient.  It gave me a chance to really connect with my husband.  Without the forced interlude, I would have spent the entire meal with my face in my soup or salad bowl.

I am thankful for my mother-in-law, who offered to watch the kids so we could go out.  And, I am grateful for a gentle reminder to value my time with my husband over food.  It was a delightful time laughing with him tonight.  I like that guy.

Thank God for soup, salad, bread sticks, and laughs!

Lord, thank you for my husband and for the time we got to spend together tonight.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!