Day 819 -- My First Tweetchat

My husband has long been a Twitter user.  He's become quite a phenomenon in that world.

Tonight I dipped my toes in the proverbial Twitter water.  I joined a chat with other educators across the world on Standards-Based Grading--something I am very passionate about.  In fact, I am speaking on Standards-Based Grading and how it has transformed my classroom at the MACUL conference tomorrow in Detroit.

I am so thankful that I took a chance and tried this chat tonight.  It allowed me to connect with other teachers and administrators who share my enthusiasm for a shift in grading practices.  It re-affirmed the things that I am already doing in my classroom.  And it pumped me up for my presentation tomorrow.

I am also grateful for my husband, who introduced me to this tool and encouraged me to give it a shot.

Thank God for my first Tweetchat!

Lord, thank you for a powerful conversation I was able to have with other enthusiastic, positive teachers.  Thank you for the refreshing effect it had on me, especially before my big day tomorrow.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!