Day 821 -- No More Elevators

I really hate riding in elevators.

So much so, in fact, that I will do nearly anything to avoid riding them -- which normally means going up more flights of stairs than any normal person would care to.

It's worth it not to have to ride on one of those death traps.

But I couldn't get around that this week.  Our hotel was at the Renaissance Center, and the only way to reach the lobby from street level or our room from the lobby was to ride the elevators.

A couple of times riding up to our room, I thought I was near either passing out or having a full-fledged panic attack when our elevator became increasingly full to the point where I was wedged in a corner, head against the wall and eyes closed.

Tonight I am thankful that at least for the relatively near future, I will not be required to ride in any elevators.  I know that probably sounds crazy to you, but it's a huge relief.

Thank God I won't have to ride more elevators for a while!

Lord, thank you for the great experience at MACUL.  It was so wonderful that the only bad experience was riding the elevators.  Thank you for keeping me safe and for allowing me to live and work in places where I never have to ride on an elevator.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!