Day 838 -- Day 1

Today marks my first official day of Ironman training.

I knew that this coinciding with the first day back to school from spring break made for a precarious situation.  I doubted very much that I would feel like working out hard and long after the emotional drain of this day.

During the day, I dreaded working out.  I was exhausted.  I had a headache.  I missed my kids.  I missed my puppy.

After school, I had to scoot out quickly so that I could get Goose checked out by the veterinarian.  So, my after school workout time slot got cut, and I was seriously wondering how in the world I was going to fit my training in--or if I even wanted to.

I did some serious thinking and decided that I needed to stop looking for all the ways training was hard and think about all the ways that training was wonderful.  It wasn't especially easy today, but I'm glad that I did it and I feel good about pushing through anyway.

There is a saying I love:

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

I felt that step today; every ounce of my being protested against it. But it was a step taken--a step taken in the right direction.

Thank God for day 1!

Lord, thank you for helping me get through this day.  Thank you for giving me the mental and physical strength to get my training done.  Help see me through these next 20 weeks of my journey for your glory.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Jessica said…
Good for you! We will be praying for you throughout your training!!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

Day 460 -- 9720 King Rd.