Day 842 -- Late Night Meijer Trip

Breslin and Dharia had their first soccer practice this afternoon.  When they got home, Dharia was complaining that her feet hurt and I realized that her shoes were getting pretty tight.  Her Minnie Mouse Adidas sneakers weren't going to cut it for her first big game.  Oh yeah, did I mention that the first game is tomorrow?

So, after practice it was apparent that one of us was going to need to purchase some cleats for our dear budding soccer players.  Ones that would not hurt their feet.

As the night wore on, our options became limited in terms of what stores would still be open.  At 8:30, these options had dwindled to just one: Meijer.

Breslin and I set out armed with a kick butt playlist and a positive attitude.   We jammed all the way  to Meijer, singing and laughing.  When we arrived, we quickly found cleats that worked, much to my amazement.  They are tiny little Diadoras!  Ahhhhh so cute!

But, despite our efficiency, we decided to spend a bit more time in each other's company, perusing the aisles, chatting and catching up.  It was lovely.

I'm thankful that it was so darn easy to find cleats and for the quality time I got to spend with my son because of it.  It's not often that a pain-in-the-butt errand turns into a fun and memorable experience.

Thank God for our late night Meijer trip!

Lord, thank you for helping me find shoes for my kids and for the time I got to spend with Breslin tonight.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Jim said…
I am so happy to see those two kicking the soccer ball around...

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!