Day 850 -- A Nap with Goose

I had the opportunity to attend the "Connected Educators" Un/Conference today.  This conference was full of exciting ideas and people doing amazing things in schools and classrooms all over Michigan.

Let me just say that something had better be good for me to give up a Saturday.

After the conference, my brain was whirring with thoughts and plans for my own classroom.  And, since Saturday is normally a day for me to rest (at least mentally), I found myself drifting off on the way home from the conference.  I was worried that I would have to pull off to the side of the road and take a cat nap.

Through slapping my cheeks and singing to the radio, I finally made it home.  When I texted my dad to tell him I had arrived, he sent me a reply saying that he and the kids were still out in Leonidas with my grandparents and wouldn't be back for over an hour.

I saw an opportunity for one of my most favorite things ever: a midday nap.

Since having a puppy, I find myself conflicted in these sorts of situations.  Should I lock her in her crate while I sleep or let her curl up with me and take the chance that she won't sleep, have an accident, etc.?

I decided to take the risk and let her curl up with me in my bed.  Her little body was warm and hearing her contended sighs as I drifted off confirmed I made the right decision.

She slept with my for over two hours without waking me up and without having an accident.  It was sublime.  I enjoyed sleeping with my new companion while the rest of my family was away this afternoon.  I am thankful for my new nap buddy.

Thank God for a nap with Goose!

Lord, thank you for the chance to rest today.  Thank you for my puppy, who was a lovely and cooperative (and warm!) nap buddy.  Thank you for my dad, who took my kids for long enough for me to get some sleep.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!