Day 851 --Bathed and Trimmed

Even though the last couple of days have been beyond crazy, I still managed to give all three kids a bath tonight, which was no easy task.  But, it was long overdue and had been nagging at the back of my mind every time I wiped their face or changed their clothes.  So, even though it was a time-intensive process, I was happy to get those kids scrubbed down.  I love their fresh scent as they come out of the bathtub all warm and pink, their skin smooth and soft.  I brushed the girls' long hair out and tied them up in tight, neat piggy tails.

As a bonus tonight, I even trimmed all three of their finger and toe nails -- another decidedly unpleasant task.  I swear their nails grow like weeds and they manage to get all manner of dirt and debris embedded within the tip.

I look at my kids all curled up on the couch, a sleepy dog sprawled out on their laps, and I don't feel that nagging thought any more.  I see beautiful, happy, clean kids who look a little like me and who I'm thankful to be spending time with tonight.

Thank God they are bathed and trimmed!

Lord, thank you for the chance to give my kids a good cleaning tonight.  Thank you for the beautiful creatures they are -- clean or not.  Thank you for the opportunity to hang out with them tonight.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!