Day 857 -- On the Road Again

I went out on the road with my bike for the first time of the season today. As I pedaled for two hours, I had plenty if time to reflect on all of the things I had forgotten about road biking during my winter hiatus, such as:

Cars who don't get over!

Giant, man-eating pot holes!

Rotting road kill carcasses!

Stupid, cold wind!

White knuckle, panic-inducing railroad tracks!

But with all of these things, I also remembered how good it feels to be free out on the open road with your heart pounding in your chest and your spirit soaring over each crest.

Quicksilver has been relegated to her trainer since late last Fall, and though she is definitely overdue for a tune up, it was good to take her out to stretch her "legs".

On this, my last day of being 30, I am thankful for the beautiful day and for the chance to go on a beautiful ride.

Thank God I'm on the road again!

Lord, thank you for the sunshine and balmy temperatures today. Thank you for the ability to ride hard and experience the beauty of your creation. In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!