Day 859 -- Goose

I like my dog.

I have never been a huge dog person, and when Colby suggested getting a family puppy during the waning days of spring break, I have to admit that I was more than a little bit skeptical.

Dogs shed.  They poop and it stinks.  They lick you and it's gross.

When I saw this snow white, tiny, helpless puppy waiting to be rescued, however, none of that mattered.

My kids named her Goose, and I fell in love.

She does shed.

She does poop.  A lot.

She does lick me and I'm still not a huge fan.

But, she also takes naps with me.  She curls up in my lap after a long day and lets me snuggle her.  She follows me around the house like I'm a rockstar.  She will play tug of war with me as long as I want.

I  am so thankful for my new friend and member of our family.



Thank God for Goose!

Lord, thank you for our new puppy.  Thank you for the joy she has already brought to our family.  In your name I pray, Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!