Day 860 -- A Good Question

Today as we were driving home, we passed the fraternity houses at Albion College, like we always do.  Colby and I have sort of a running joke that whenever the temperature breaks 60 degrees, the fraternity members lose their shirts to do whatever it is they are doing.

Throwing the football?  Shirtless.

Playing beach volleyball?  Shirtless.

Grilling?  Shirtless. And foolish.

Sitting on a picnic table doing nothing?  Shirtless.

Apparently at Albion it is too hot to do anything with a shirt on if it's not snowing.   I find it totally unnecessary.

When we pulled up to the stop sign today, the brothers were out in full force.  There were easily 40 of them out playing volleyball or just hanging around.

Dharia crinkled up her nose in disgust, looked at me from the backseat and said, "Mommy, why are they all naked?"

I couldn't help but crack up at my daughter, who I can only imagine will be disgusted by half-naked fraternity guys for so long.

All I could answer was, "That's a good question, honey."

It felt good that somebody else could empathize with this situation.  And, it felt good to laugh on this beautiful afternoon.

Thank God for a good question!

Lord, thank you for my funny daughter and for her insightful observations.  Thank you for funny moments like these that bring joy to my day.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!