Day 864 -- A Good, Long Run

Today I went on my long run after a horrible week. The last few weeks my long run has proved to be miserable.  I have felt sick, or dizzy, or the weather has been uncooperative.

It was a beautiful day, so I figured the weather would be a non-issue, but I was a little hesitant still. After what has proved to be one of the most difficult weeks of my life, I really needed to have a good run.

It wasn't a great run, but I didn't feel awful.  In fact, when I made it home, I felt pretty darn proud of myself for making a good, healthy decision.  My legs ached, my lungs burned, and despite every ounce of me rebelling against it, I went out and conquered that run anyway.

I am thankful for this chance to clear my head and for the emotional lift it provided.

Thank God for a good, long run!

Lord, thank you for my run today.  Thank you for giving me the strength to go out and do it, despite the way I was feeling.  Thank you for the turn around it provided to my day and for the encouragement I felt after.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!