Day 868 -- Guacamole

I just made homemade guacamole. As in, from actual avocados, which I have never, ever purchased before. And you know what? It's freaking amazing. I feel blessed that this new adventure in veganism is causing me to eat delicious, nutritious food and that is is inspiring me to take new risks in the kitchen. Okay, guacamole isn't exactly a difficult thing to make, but never in my pre-vegan days would I have ever dreamed of making it from scratch. I'm pretty proud of myself. Now, I'm going to sit on my couch, watch a show, and eat some chips and guacamole and think to myself that life is very, very good. Thank God for some (homemade) guacamole! Lord, thank you for simple things that bring us joy. Thank you for opening my eyes to new opportunities around me. In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!