Day 879 -- Art Fair

The day of the MSU Art Fair is probably my favorite day of the year.  I get to hang out all day shopping with my mom, essentially.  To top it off, after we are done shopping or out of money (whichever comes first), we always head back to Bob's house for grilling out on the deck.  We spend the evening enjoying each other's company, sipping on wine, and reminiscing on the day.

So, we've established that it's my favorite day of the year...which was yesterday.

I didn't post about the art fair yesterday, because I was so pooped by the time that I got home, I fell asleep.  My husband pinch hit for me, which is funny because the post ended up being about baseball.  You could probably tell it was him because of the 2 sentence post.  But, I am still thankful for the art fair today, one day later, regardless.  I love the smells of the vendors, from patchouli homemade soaps to waffle cones at the MSU Dairy.  I love the colors and the craftsmanship that abound in the sea of booths.  But, far beyond anything else, I love being with my mom.  I love spending this day with her.  It is the biggest blessing and my favorite part of the whole day.  Even today, because of her, I still am basking in the glow of my favorite day of the year.

Thank God for the art fair!

Dear Lord, thank you for the chance to go shopping with my mom at the art fair.  Thank you for this wonderful tradition we share.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Kristin said…
ooooooo. I LOVE the Dairy Store. Let's make a trip there, shall we?

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!